Bart walking on campus

Transfer Agreements

Barton has many Transfer & Articulation Agreements with four year colleges that specifically direct your studies in certain programs for seamless transition from Barton to the transfer school.

Email the Barton Advising Center at

American Public UniversityAmerican Public University Logo

Apply completed coursework towards an APU online degree. 

Chamberlain College of Nursing

View Chamberlain College of Nursing's articulation agreement.

Columbia College 

View Columbia College's articulation agreement. Learn more about earning Business or Nursing degrees through the transfer partnership with Columbia College. 

Emporia State University

View Emporia State University's articulation agreement.

Fort Hays State University

Fort Hays State University Tiger logoBarton and FHSU have partnered to offer several new curriculum guides. Details can be found on the Fort Hays State University website. Bachelor’s degree programs are offered in the following areas: Accounting, Agricultural Business, Biology & Secondary Education, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Unified, Elementary Education, Finance, Health Studies, International Business & Economics, Management, Marketing, Mathematics & Secondary Education, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, and Technology Leadership. Learn more about FHSU Transfer Agreement and Articulation Guides.

Kansas State University

Kansas State University logoStudents can complete an associate's degree through Barton, and then complete an entirely distance-based bachelor's degree through K-State. K-State transfer programs include Dietary Management, Business, Social Science, Agriculture, and Early Childhood Education. Programs at K-State-Salina include a Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Management.  Learn more about the K-State at Barton program! 

DirectLink is a new initiative between Kansas community colleges and Kansas State University to provide community college students with additional support as they prepare to transition to K-State. Students will meet with both Barton and K-State advisors to ensure seamless transition. For more information, visit

For more information about how Barton classes transfer to all K-State campus locations and online programs, visit K-State's transfer equivalency webpage

Kansas Wesleyan University

View Kansas Wesleyan University's articulation agreement.

Newman University

Newman UniversityFor more information on Newman's articulation agreements, visit

Ottawa University

Ottawa UniversityView Ottawa University's articulation agreement or visit their website at for more information.

Pittsburg State University

View Pittsburg State's Teacher Education Transfer Equivalency agreement.

Southwestern CollegeSouthwestern College

Find Transfer information for Southwestern College's Main Campus. Professional studies (online) programs include Early Childhood Education. For general information, visit

Sterling College

Sterling College LogoView Sterling College's guaranteed Admission Advantage agreement.

Upper Iowa UniversityUpper Iowa University

Transfer information is easy to find with Upper Iowa University's Course-to-Course Articulation. Visit for more information.

University of Kansas

View the University of Kansas' articulation agreement.