Skip to main content
Barton Community College
Services & Resources
- An Advisor to assist with education and career goals.
- Assistance with completing educational forms including, FAFSA (Federal Student Aid Application), Admissions Applications, Scholarships, Student Loan (Forbearance, Deferment, or Default) forms, Financial Aid Verification, and Transcript Request.
- GED/Diploma Program Placement: The Central Kansas Educational Opportunity Center provides information on GED and High School Completion Programs and makes referrals as necessary. A participant can continue to work with the CKEOC while they are working on their GED or HS Diploma. For more information contact the CKEOC closest to your area.
- Military and their Families - Educational services and support including assistance with process of transferring schools due to PCS, deployment or discharge; identifying and applying for service related financial aid opportunities; help with understanding how Pell Grant and other federal aid can be used in conjunction with military educational benefits such as GI Bill and Tuition Assistance (TA).
- CKEOC services are also available to military students at the Barton Fort Riley Campus.
- CKEOC Academic Advisor available in your community on a regular basis.
- Information/assistance in applying for scholarships, grants that include FAFSA, and loans.
- Information about vocational/technical schools, colleges and universities.
- Assistance in applying for admission.
- Assessment of academic skills and financial needs.
- Transportation to campus visits.
- Assistance with placement in high school diploma or GED programs.
- Career exploration and counseling.
- Workshops to help you choose a career and find education or training.
- Referral to support systems upon entering college.