Congratulations, graduates! See below for ceremony details and additional activities.
Congratulations, graduates! To check out photos or livestream of the events, visit the Graduation Coverage webpage.
Additional Barton County Campus Graduation Activities
Nurse Pinning – Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing graduates are recognized for their achievement of eligibility to sit for their national licensure exams and are awarded a nursing pin – May 14, 2021; 2:30p.m. in the Fine Arts Auditorium. Students are only allowed 2 guests and guests must have a ticket to enter. The ceremony will also be livestreamed on the Barton Facebook page. Check out the Nurse Pinning Program.
Paramedic Cording – May 14, 2021; 3:30p.m. in the chapel followed by a reception in T-138. Please contact Karyl White at: email@example.com for more information.
Fort Riley Campus Graduation Ceremony - Thursday, August 26, 2021; 9:00am on the Fort Riley Cavalry Parade Field. Only two guests per graduate will be allowed but the event will be live-streamed. Seat numbers are limited, please contact Megan Chambers at (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 11th, if you want to participate or have additional questions.
Fort Leavenworth Graduation Ceremony - Will be virtual, contact the Fort Leavenworth Office at (855) 509-3374 for additional information/questions.
Barton County Campus Information
- Cap/Gowns: May be picked up April 20 - April 30 in the upper level of the Kirkman Building in the Enrollment Services Office from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. All students will be given 2 tickets for guests and guests must have ticket to enter gym.
- Phi Theta: Members should pick up sashes from Kathy Boeger.
- CSO/Spark members should pick up cords from Kathy Boeger.
- Graduation Announcements: Available for purchase online only at www.cbgrad.balfour.com
- Notify for disability seating: Please notify our office, 620-792-9212 as soon as possible to reserve.
Graduation Night Instructions
- Check in - lower level of Kirkman Building, 5:30 pm - Please do not bring any unnecessary items, i.e., purses, coats, etc.
- Prior to entering gym, you will be lining up by degree - College employees will assist with this task.
- Processional - Order of March - stage crew, graduates, and faculty
- Stand in front of chair and remain standing for Invocation and National Anthem - Men take off your caps during. You may sit after both have been completed.
- Vice President of Instruction will present the class and confer degrees.
- No photos allowed on the floor during the ceremony. Barton's Public Relations Department will take individual photos and they will be available to print free of charge.
- Summer and Fall graduates who have already received a diploma cover, please leave your cover on your seat.
- Honors and Highest Honors: Based upon cumulative GPA through the fall semester and if you transferred hours to Barton, those hours have been calculated into your GPA. Your final GPA and graduation status is contingent upon successful completion of your spring semester courses. The final results will post on your diploma and transcript. If you have received academic clemency for any grade, you are not eligible for honors. Students awarded certificates are not eligible for honors.
Honors = 3.5 to 3.69 GPA Highest = 3.7 to 4.0 GPA
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in June/July. They will be mailed to the address that is listed on your graduation application unless provided with a different address by the graduate. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out of the country by the Enrollment Services Office. If requested, the student is required to pay for postage and shipping.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please request your transcript from the Request Transcript page. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, select "awaiting degree" on the request. Find more information on the Transcript Request page.