Barton’s 50th commencement will be held virtually this year. Students and their friends and families are invited to view videos of the commencement speeches and a reading of graduate names, which will premiere at 8:30 a.m., May 8 at facebook.com/bartoncommunitycollege., or watch the playlist of commencement videos below!
The virtual commencement ceremony will include:
- Comments from President Dr. Heilman
- Vice President of Student Services Angie Maddy will present the 2020 Outstanding Graduate awards to Joanna Lockwood and Tana Yellowwolf
- Vice-President of Instruction Elaine Simmons will present five Distinguished Instructor Awards to Barton Instructors Emily Cowles (BARTonline), Melissa Stevens (Barton County Campus), Gil Cloud (Fort Riley Campus), Jessica Fullen (Fort Leavenworth Campus) and Adjunct Faculty Member Darlene Sabio.
- ESOL instructor Abby Howe will recognize the graduates by name.
Graduates will have the opportunity to receive a celebration box that includes graduation regalia, diploma, and honors information if applicable. The celebration boxes will be available in June with additional information forthcoming.
Please check back soon for details on commencement ceremonies at the Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth campuses.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in June/July. They will be mailed to the legal address that is listed on your graduation application unless provided with a different address by the graduate. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out of the country by the Enrollment Services Office. If requested, the student is required to pay for postage and shipping.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please request your transcript from the Request Transcript page. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, select to "hold for degree comments" on the request. Find more information on the Transcript Request page.
- Please contact Enrollment Services with any questions, (620) 792-9252.