Congratulations, graduates! See below for ceremony details and additional activities.
Fort Riley Campus Graduation Ceremony – Thursday, May 19, 1 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn (410 S. 3rd St) in Manhattan, KS. More information TBD. Contact Megan Chambers via phone (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 or via email at email@example.com if you would like to participate or have additional questions.
Fort Leavenworth Graduation Ceremony - Scheduled for Thursday, May 26th, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. in the Eisenhower Auditorium at the Command General Staff College (CGSC, 100 Stimson Ave, Fort Leavenworth, Ks). Contact Megan Chambers via phone (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate or have additional questions.
Barton County Campus Graduation Activities (Great Bend)
Medical Laboratory Technology Pinning – Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician graduates are recognized for their achievement of eligibility to sit for the national certification exam and are awarded a Medical Lab Technician pin. Pinning will be held, May 13 at 10 a.m. in the Chapel (Fine Arts Building) followed by a reception. Please contact Karen Gunther at email@example.com for more information.
Nurse Pinning – Friday, May 13, 2:30 p.m., Auditorium (Fine Arts Building). Please contact Renae Skelton at (620) 792-9357 for more information.
Paramedic Cording – Cording will be held in the Shafer Art Gallery (Fine Arts Building) at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13. Please contact Karyl White at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Barton County Campus Ceremony Information
- Cap/Gowns: May be picked up TBD in the upper level of the Kirkman Building in the Enrollment Services Office from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Phi Theta: Members should pick up sashes from Kathy Boeger. Contact: email@example.com.
- CSO/Spark members should pick up cords from Kathy Boeger. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduation Announcements: Available for purchase online only at www.cbgrad.balfour.com
- Notify for disability seating: Please notify our office, 620-792-9212 as soon as possible to reserve.
Graduation Night Instructions
- Check in - lower level of Kirkman Building, 5:30 pm - Please do not bring any unnecessary items, i.e., purses, coats, etc.
- Prior to entering gym, you will be lining up by degree - College employees will assist with this task.
- Processional - Order of March - stage group, graduates, and faculty
- Stand in front of chair and remain standing for Invocation and National Anthem - Men take off your caps during. You may sit after both have been completed.
- Vice President of Instruction will present the class and confer degrees.
- No photos allowed on the floor during the ceremony. Barton's Public Relations Department will take individual photos and they will be available to print free of charge.
- Summer and Fall graduates who have already received a diploma cover, please leave your cover on your seat.
- Honors and Highest Honors: Based upon cumulative GPA through the fall semester and if you transferred hours to Barton, those hours have been calculated into your GPA. Your final GPA and graduation status is contingent upon successful completion of your spring semester courses. The final results will post on your diploma and transcript. If you have received academic clemency for any grade, you are not eligible for honors. Students awarded certificates are not eligible for honors.
Honors = 3.5 to 3.69 GPA Highest = 3.7 to 4.0 GPA
Important: Participation in the ceremony is not a guarantee that you have graduated. You must complete all graduation requirements to be awarded your degree.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in June/July. They will be mailed to the address that is listed on your graduation application unless provided with a different address by the graduate. Please note that diplomas will not be mailed out of the country by the Enrollment Services Office. If requested, the student is required to pay for postage and shipping.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please request your transcript from the Request Transcript page. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, select "awaiting degree" on the request. Find more information on the Transcript Request page.