Barton County Campus Graduation Ceremony
May 12, 2023
Gymnasium - Barton County Campus - Great Bend
Check out the 2023 Commencement Program.
View the live stream of the ceremony beginning at 7:00 pm on Barton's YouTube and Facebook pages.
Fort Riley Campus Graduation Ceremony – Thursday, May 25, 2023, 1:00 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn (410 S. 3rd St) in Manhattan, KS. Contact Megan Chambers via phone (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 or via email at email@example.com if you would like to participate or have additional questions.
View the live stream of the ceremony beginning at 1:00 pm on Barton's YouTube and Facebook pages.
Fort Leavenworth Graduation Ceremony - Scheduled for Wednesday, June 7th, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. in the Lewis and Clark Auditorium at the Command General Staff College (CGSC, 100 Stimson Ave, Fort Leavenworth, Ks). Contact Megan Chambers via phone (785) 784-6606, ext. 709 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate or have additional questions.
View the live stream of the ceremony beginning at 3:00 pm on Barton's YouTube and Facebook pages.
Barton County Campus Graduation Activities (Great Bend)
Medical Laboratory Technology Pinning – Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician graduates are recognized for their achievement of eligibility to sit for the national certification exam and are awarded a Medical Lab Technician pin. Pinning will be held, May 12 at 10 a.m. in the Chapel (Fine Arts Building) followed by a reception. Please contact Karen Gunther at email@example.com for more information.
Nurse Pinning – Friday, May 12, 2:30 p.m., Auditorium (Fine Arts Building). Please contact Renae Skelton at (620) 792-9357 for more information.
Paramedic Cording – Cording will be held in the Shafer Art Gallery (Fine Arts Building) at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 12. Please contact Nick Larmer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Barton County Campus Ceremony Information
- Cap/Gowns: May be picked up beginning April 18th - April 28th in the upper level of the Kirkman Building in the Enrollment Services Office from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Phi Theta: Members should pick up sashes from Jo Harrington. Contact: email@example.com
- CSO/Spark members should pick up cords from Renetta Furrow. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation Announcements: Available for purchase online only at www.cbgrad.balfour.com
- Notify for disability seating: Please notify our office, 620-792-9212 as soon as possible to reserve.
Graduation Night Instructions
- Check in - lower level of Kirkman Building, 5:30 pm - Please do not bring any unnecessary items, i.e., purses, coats, etc.
- Prior to entering gym, you will be lining up by degree - College employees will assist with this task.
- Processional - Order of March - stage group, graduates, and faculty
- Stand in front of chair and remain standing for Invocation and National Anthem - Men take off your caps during. You may sit after both have been completed.
- Vice President of Instruction will present the class and confer degrees.
- No photos allowed on the floor during the ceremony. Barton's Public Relations Department will take individual photos and they will be available to print free of charge.
- Summer and Fall graduates who have already received a diploma cover, please leave your cover on your seat.
- Honors and Highest Honors: Based upon cumulative GPA through the fall semester and if you transferred hours to Barton, those hours have been calculated into your GPA. Your final GPA and graduation status is contingent upon successful completion of your spring semester courses. The final results will post on your diploma and transcript. If you have received academic clemency for any grade, you are not eligible for honors. Students awarded certificates are not eligible for honors.
Honors = 3.5 to 3.69 GPA Highest = 3.7 to 4.0 GPA
Important: Participation in the ceremony is not a guarantee that you have graduated. You must complete all graduation requirements to be awarded your degree.
Barton has partnered with Parchment to give you permanent access to a high-resolution digital copy of your diploma. Students will receive a text or email when your digital credential is available. A printed diploma is also being sent to the address you listed on your graduation application. Create or login to your Parchment account to trace delivery progress of your diploma. Please allow 15-20 business days to receive your printed diploma. If you would like the mailed diploma sent out of the country, contact Enrollment Services to receive additional cost information.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please request your transcript from the Request Transcript page. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, select "awaiting degree" on the request. Find more information on the Transcript Request page.