Select Barton Community College career and technical education programs will be available at no cost to eligible students beginning in the fall of 2021, thanks to a new scholarship program designed to increase Kansans’ access to community colleges and technical schools.
Apply for Promise Act Scholarship
To apply for the 22-23 and 23-24 academic year, an electronic application is available on the Kansas Board of Regents webpage. Also located on there is the Kansas Promise Scholarship Act Information document. This document lists the eligibility criteria of the Kansas Promise Scholarship along with the terms and conditions of the service component.
Application Deadline for Fall 2022 awards: December 2, 2022
- Students must apply on or before December 1, 2022 to be considered for a Fall 2022 award.
- Students must subsequently sign their promissory note by January 31,2023 to receive a Fall 2022 award.
Application Deadline for Spring 2023 awards: April 1, 2023 (application could close earlier if funds are exhausted before this date)
- Students must apply on or before April 2, 2023 to be considered for a Spring 2023 award.
- Students must subsequently sign their promissory note by May 1, 2023 to receive a spring award.
Application Deadline for Summer 2023 awards: June 1, 2023 (application could close earlier if funds are exhausted before this date)
- Students must apply on or before June 1, 2023 to be considered for a Summer 2023 award.
- Students must subsequently sign their promissory note by July 1, 2023 to receive a summer award.
Eligible Barton Programs
The following programs are currently eligible for the Kansas Promise Act Scholarship:
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
Certified Medication Aide
Certified Nurse Aide
Early Childhood Education
Emergency Medical Responder
Emergency Medical Technical
EMS Instructor Coordinator
Hazardous Materials Management
Medical Administrative Technology
Medical Laboratory Technology
Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Technician
Occupational Safety and Health
View the full list of Barton programs eligible for the Promise Act with course codes and degree specifications.
About the Kansas Promise Act
The $10 million program was passed by the Kansas Legislature and signed by Governor Laura Kelly. When other scholarships and grants are not sufficient to cover a student’s tuition and fees, the Kansas Promise Act will make up the difference.
Read the full article, Barton to offer several programs on full scholarship through Kansas Promise Act; new state program begins in fall 2021.
For more information on the Kansas Promise Scholarship from the Kansas Board of Regents, visit www.kansasregents.org.