Worried about college debt? Come to Barton and let your GPA pay the way - your ACT score or GPA could score you books and tuition! See the table below for more details.
Available to first time college students who graduated the previous academic year.
|Award||Award Amount||Kansas HS GPA or ACT Score|
|Elite Award||Tuition and Books||3.5 and above or 26+|
|Excellence Award||$1,000||3.0-3.49 or 24-25|
|Honor Award||$800||2.5-2.99 or 22-23|
|Achievement Award||$500||2.0-2.49 or 20-21|
Available to first-time Barton students who graduated from a Kansas high school prior to the most recent academic year, and who are seeking to complete a degree or certificate with Barton.
|Award||Enrollment Level||Award Amount||Kansas HS GPA|
|Barton Fresh Start||Full Time (12+ Hours)||$1,000||3.0 and above|
|Barton Fresh Start||3/4 Time (9-11 Hours)||$750||3.0 and above|
|Barton Fresh Start||1/2 Time (6-8 Hours)||$500||3.0 and above|
|Barton Fresh Start||<1/2 Time (1-5 Hours)||$250||3.0 and above|
*Fresh Start recipients will be awarded $1,000 and the scholarship will then be prorated each semester based on their enrollment level.
Presidential and Leadership Scholarships are given at the discretion of the Admissions Office.
Guidelines for Admissions Presidential and Leadership Scholarships:
- Submit Application with essay. (Fall 2018 Deadline is March 15)
- Application will be reviewed by Admissions panel. An interview will be set up, if needed.
- Student must be a Kansas Resident and complete 10 hours of community service per semester. (Community Service must be approved by the Director of Admissions.)
*Please note: per Kansas Jayhawk Athletic Conference regulations, receiving an athletic scholarship may affect your eligibility to receive an Admissions scholarship. You may contact the Admissions Office at (620) 792-9286 if you have any questions regarding your scholarship eligibility.
Presidential Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,500 per academic year.
Leadership Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,000 per academic year.
- Barton Bound and Fresh Start Scholarships are available only to Kansas residents who are graduates of a Kansas High School.
- Only full-time students (12 hours or more) are eligible to receive the Barton Bound scholarships.
- The student will be offered the highest award possible based on their official HS transcript and/or ACT scores.
- The scholarship will be available for six full-time semesters, automatically renewing at the student's current Barton GPA. The student will not have to complete a new scholarship application for renewal of their award.
- Returning Barton students may not apply for an academic scholarship, only new/incoming students are eligible to apply.
- In addition to an academic scholarship, a student may receive federal, state, and local aid, and Barton performance or work study awards.
- Jayhawk Conference rules state that students receiving an athletic books and tuition scholarship must meet a 3.5 GPA criteria upon high school graduation or entrance to the College to accept a Barton academic scholarship in addition to the Barton athletic scholarship.
- For a student athlete to continue receiving the Barton academic scholarship in addition to the Barton athletic scholarship, they must hold and maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at Barton Community College.
- Students may not receive a combination of activity/performance scholarships and athletic scholarships.
- Awards are subject to available funding. Highest priority is given to graduating seniors and incoming non-traditional students who submit scholarship applications by the priority deadline. Next priority is given to renewals of current scholarships.
- Book scholarship recipients who fail to return their books by the established deadline will be charged the full price for the books. Additionally, failure to return the books to the Barton bookstore will result in the loss of the tuition/book scholarship during future semesters.
Interested in other options? Learn more about Types of Financial Aid and Scholarships.