A Barton education is affordable, with many payment options to help make your dream a reality.
The Business Office uploads statements monthly to the Student Financial Center. An email &/or text message (opt in required) will be sent to students and authorized users once the statement is uploaded. Always check your Cougar email in Office365 for important deadlines and billing notifications. Paper statements are not mailed to students. Semester payment deadlines are:
- Fall – December 14
- Spring – May 14
- Summer – July 31
Please note: prior balances must be paid before the start of the current semester. A “HOLD” will be placed on your records if your student obligations remain unpaid. As long as the hold remains in effect, it will prevent your ability to register for future semesters, add classes for the current term, and receive transcripts.
Payment for class(es) can be made with:
- Cash, Check or Money order
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
- Financial Aid awarded through the Financial Aid Office
- Third party payment by company
- Military Benefit - VA, Tuition Assistance, MyCAA
- Payment plan offered by Barton. The plan allows you to make automatic monthly payments by credit card or from your checking or savings account. Plan requires a $30.00 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee and completion of the online application. If you have additional questions or are unable to enroll in the payment plan, please contact the Business Office at (620) 792-9319 for additional information or assistance.
Payment in Person or By Mail
The Business Office is located in the Kirkman Building on the Great Bend campus. The hours of operation are:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The mailing address of the Business Office is:
Barton Community College
Attention: Business Office
245 NE 30 RD
Great Bend, KS 67530
Payment via Phone
Credit Card payments may also be made by calling the Business Office at (620) 786-7463 or (800) 748-7594 and asking for the Business Office.
Online Payment via your student MyBarton Portal account (Check or Credit Card)
Log into your MyBarton Portal and click Student Financial Center.
Check out more information on how the Student Financial Center can keep you up to date about student accounts, year-end 1098T, and Authorized Users plus so much more.
Barton utilizes Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Eliminate hidden bank fees – which ensures that Barton Community College receives the intended payment amount
- Take advantage of multiple payment options and currencies
- Save on exchange rates – Flywire processes the currency exchange, offering you wholesale exchange rates, unmatched by traditional banks
- Receive payment tracking and updates at each stage of the process
- Payment visibility – meaning Barton Community College is able to track your payment from initiation to delivery to their account
- 24/7 multilingual customer support
- Fast, safe and secure
Flywire’s 24/7 multi-lingual Customer Support is available to assist should you need it. Visit Flywire.com/help for more information.
Educational Savings Plans
Barton accepts payments from 529 Educational Savings Plans. The Student Financial Center has an option to pay with your 529 plans with a select state programs. If your state or financial advisor is not one that is accepted through the Student Financial Center you can have them mail your payment with your student id# listed to:
Barton Community College
Attn: Business Office
245 NE 30 Rd
Great Bend KS 67530
AR - Arkansas 529 GIFT Plan
AR - iShares 529
CA – ScholarShare 529
CO – CollegeInvest Direct Portfolio College Savings Plan
CO – Scholars Choice Education Savings Plan
DC – College Plan
GA – Path2College 529 Plan
ID – Ideal - College Savings Program
IN – CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan
IN – CollegeChoice Advisor 529 Savings Plan
KS – Learning Quest
KS – Learning Quest Advisor
KY – KY Saves 529
MI – Michigan 529 Advisor Plan
MI – Michigan Education Savings Program
MN – MN Saves 529
MO – MOST-Missouri’s 529 Education Plan
ND - College SAVE Plan
OH - CollegeAdvantage Direct 529 Savings Plan
OK – Oklahoma College Savings Plan
RI - 529 College Bound Saver
RI - 529 – College Bound
TN – TNStars College Savings 529 Program
WI – Edvest College Savings Plan
WV – Hartford SMART529 College Savings Plan
WV – SMART529 Select College Savings Plan
WV – SMART529 Direct College Savings Plan