Join us for the 19th Annual Jack Kilby STEM Day!
This year we will be focusing on Science.
To be announced.
- When - November 20, 2023
- Time - 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where - Barton Community College Campus (Maps)
- Who's invited - High School juniors and seniors, students with appropriate IEP's, high school science and technology instructors, and appropriate administration
- Cost - Absolutely FREE to registered participants!
Teacher/Sponsor Registration - Registration will open at the beginning of September.
Student Registration - Registration will open in mid-September. Deadline is November 10th.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Check in for registration (Fine Arts building)
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. - Welcome Assembly (Fine Arts Auditorium)
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Keynote Speaker 1 (Fine Arts Auditorium) OR Breakout Session 1
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Keynote Speaker 2 (Fine Arts Auditorium) OR Breakout Session 2 OR Math Bowl starts
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Breakout Session 3 OR Lunch/Tour 1 OR Math Bowl concludes
- 12:15 p.m. - 1 p.m. - Teacher Presentation by Roy OR Breakout Session 4 OR Lunch/Tour 2
Keynote / Math Bowl / Breakout Session Activities
To accommodate a larger attendance, we ask that you choose a Keynote for session 1 or 2 and attend a Breakout in the opposite session. We will also be doing that for Lunch and a Campus Tour - choose Lunch 1 or 2 and attend a Breakout in the opposite.
Pathways are either:
Keynote 1 / Breakout 2 & 3 / Lunch 4
Keynote 1 / Breakout 2 / Lunch 3 / Breakout 4
Breakout 1 / Keynote 2 / Breakout 3 / Lunch 4
Breakout 1 / Keynote 2 / Lunch 3 / Breakout 4
Math bowl will be 16 teams of 3 members. It will start in session 2 and finish in session 3.
Pathway is Keynote 1 / Math Bowl 2 & 3 / Lunch & Tour. The awards will be given at the end of session 3.