Earn your Commercial Driver's License at Barton! Barton’s CDL courses are designed to meet U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and the new Entry Level Driving Training (ELDT) requirements. In Barton's CDL program, students will learn, drive, practice and test in the same trucks and at the same facility! Request a Program Brochure!
- 6 Week Online Theory Course: 3 credit hours; $450
- 8 Week Behind-The-Wheel (BTW) Course: 2 credit hours; $528 (includes tuition/course fees)
- Students have access to a variety of trucks; day cab, conventional with sleeper, flatbed, van trailer, and class B flatbed. All trucks are equipped with manual transmissions.
- Financial assistance may be available.
- Job Placement Opportunities with various industries.
Class A and Class B Theory courses are offered online in a 6-week format. The theory curriculum is closely aligned with the FMCSA ELDT regulation. There are no prerequisites for this course. The required textbook is J.J. Keller Entry Level Driver Training Manual. Students will need to enroll themselves.
Class A and Class B BTW courses are 8 weeks in duration, offered face-to-face, and only offered on the BCC Great Bend Campus. Drive time will be scheduled to accommodate students, driving instructors and truck availability. Daytime, nights and some weekend time slots will be available.
Prerequisites for this course include:
- Medical DOT card
- Passed Drug Test
- Passed MVR
- CDL Permit with corresponding endorsements
Theory (BOL): August 23 - October 17, 2021; November 1 - December 12, 2021
BTW: August 18 - October 8, 2021; October 11 - December 9, 2021
Theory (BOL): January 24 - March 20, 2022; April 4 - May 15, 2022
BTW: January 11 - March 4, 2022
For course information, contact Maggie Tracy at email@example.com or 620-786-1120.