August 3, 2017
Story by Micah Oelze
Tickets for the Barton Foundation’s 39th Annual Big Benefit Auction themed “Under the Sea” on Aug. 26 are available until Aug. 14. Tickets are $45 each or $360 per table of eight. Only 200 tickets are available. Doors open at 6 p.m. at the Great Bend Columbus Club with bidding on the silent auction and complimentary beer available until 8 p.m. Dinner is served at 7 p.m. and the live auction will begin promptly at 8 p.m. Guests must be 21 or older to attend.
Coleen Cape, Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, expressed her excitement and gratitude for the donated auction items the Barton Foundation received this year. This year the foundation has 44 live auction items and 124 silent auction items from 188 businesses and individuals who donated to ensure the auction is a success.
Live auction items include:
- 24” x 30” fire pit.
- Amazon Echo.
- Two nights at Central Kansas Whitetails Lodge; entire lodge, four bedrooms and shooting range.
- Barton Sports Package – two reserved basketball regular season tickets (no post-season play), reserved parking spot and basketballs signed by the girls and boys 2017-2018 basketball teams.
- Golfing Kansas Package.
- White House collectibles – featuring collectibles from the 105th First Lady’s Luncheon and a collectible ornament Representative Dr. Roger Marshall received as a member of the House of Representatives.
- Traeger Lil’ Tex Elite Grill.
- Child’s first bike.
- 50” big screen TV.
- A Royal Weekend – Kansas City Royals package including a two-night hotel package and four tickets to the Sept. 10 game as the Royals host the Twins.
- Two Bedroom Condo in Winter Park, Colo. (March 31-April 6).
- Maytag High-Efficiency washer and dryer.
- Three-night family suite package at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City (Dec. 27-30).
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Foundation office at (620) 786-1136 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The auction is being underwritten by UMB Wealth Management, Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine and BTI Equipment - Great Bend.