Guiding Principles of the Financial Aid Office include:
- To serve our students and their families, acknowledging their individuality and uniqueness.
- To provide an environment that is welcoming, accommodating, and professional.
- To educate and provide guidance, support, and encouragement for those individuals interested in the financial aid process.
- To perform our duties with a high degree of integrity, expertise, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- To ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds-federal, state, institutional, and community.
- To remove barriers to the extent possible and to process aid in the most expedient and efficient manner to allow students to pursue their educational goals.
- To work cooperatively and communicate effectively with co-workers, other entities and the community in order to support Barton's mission