Check out the GED Session Schedule (Great Bend Campus) to get started!
To sign up, please call (620) 786-7560 or email YarmerS@bartonccc.edu
GED (General Education Development)
General Educational Development (GED) tests give a student the opportunity to earn a Kansas State High School diploma. This credential is recognized as a key to employment opportunities, advancement, further education and financial rewards.
Who is eligible for the GED Test?
You must meet all these requirements:
- You do not have a high school diploma.
- Not currently enrolled in high school.
- Kansas resident.
- 16 years of age or older.
How do I earn my high school diploma through GED testing?
Students must pass four GED test modules: Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math.
Why utilize the Center for Adult Education?
- Small classes to help you prepare for the GED Test
- Practice Testing
- Scheduling to take the GED Test
Is the GED test available in Spanish?
Yes, testing in Spanish is available during any time that testing is available.
What do I need to provide at time of enrollment?
You will need to present a valid Kansas Driver’s License, photo ID, or military ID. *If enrollee is under 18 years of age, student and parent/guardian will need to submit and sign the high school exit interview form.
What is the cost for GED testing?
- There are no fees associated with your GED prep instruction, WorkReady certification or Computer Literacy training; however, there is a one-time $65 fee for materials.
- Once you have gained the necessary skills, you will take practice tests and upon passing these exams, you are ready to take the official GED test. The cost to take your GED test is $132.
- If you choose to take the GED exam without any prep instruction, you will only be charged the $132 for the GED exam.
For more information, call Susanne Yarmer at (620) 786-7560 or email at YarmerS@bartonccc.edu