Join us for the 16th Annual Jack Kilby STEM Day!
We're pleased to welcome Kantis Simmons to Barton as this year's JKSD Keynote Speaker! His speech will Motivate, Inspire and Encourage Junior and Senior Students across Kansas to focus on "STEM IS EVERYWHERE" and discuss various effective developmental habits and learning styles where students can learn it, love it and live it.
- When - November 25, 2019
- Time - 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where - Barton Community College Campus (Maps)
- Who's invited - High School juniors and seniors, students with appropriate IEP's, high school science and technology instructors, and appropriate administration
- Cost - Absolutely FREE to registered participants!
Registration is now closed.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. - Check in for registration (Fine Arts building)
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. - Welcome/Keynote Speaker
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. - Breakout Session One - for students
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. - Keynote Speech for Teachers/Sponsors/Community
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. - Breakout Session Two - for students
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Academic Carnival (hands-on science activities and exhibits) & FREE lunch, refreshments and prize drawings for registered participants (Kirkman)
Check out highlights from last year's event!
Please contact Angel Morgan at (620) 792-9200, (855) 529-3373, or JKSTEMDay@bartonccc.edu.