Barton Dance Theatre (BDT) is committed to bringing high quality dance experiences with artistic motivation to Barton students and beyond. BDT members learn, rehearse and perform challenging dances from a diverse range of styles with intent to represent the college at a wide range of local and national venues. Giving students the experience of what working in a dance company is like while gaining two college credit hours, BDT is an excellent choice for those looking to work in the field of dance or for those who pursue dancing with commitment, energy, and perseverance.
BDT (course DANC 1001) meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. After being accepted by audition, students must register for the 2 credit hour class to participate.
BDT Company Requirements: The class-style audition can be done either virtually through Zoom or live. Please contact Danika Bielek at email@example.com or (620)792-9253.
- Acceptance by audition.
- A minimum of two years dance experience in Modern/Contemporary Dance, Jazz Dance, and/or Ballet.
- Be actively enrolled and attending dance technique classes in the fall semester at Barton or regional dance studio.
Upcoming BDT Auditions
- Saturday, November 7 in Studio 34 from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon
- Saturday, March 27 in Studio 34 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8 in Studio 34 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Barton offers multiple generous dance scholarships for dance majors and non-majors. Please contact Danika Bielek at firstname.lastname@example.org or (620) 792-9253 for more information.
Check out the Studio 34 map to locate Barton’s dance facilities on the Barton County Campus.
Barton’s Dance Program is a proud member of the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO).