Are you interested in serving on the Barton Board of Trustees? Apply below!
Please review the following webpages to find the most recent Community Report, meeting schedule and Board Governance Manual, as well as other information you might find useful as you consider applying to fill the vacant position on the Board of Trustees:
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the Board of Trustees
Barton Community College is governed by a six-member board of trustees elected from Barton County and coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents. Three positions on the board come up for election every two years (odd-numbered years; i.e. 2009). The terms are four years. You must be a resident of Barton County to be a trustee. You may file for a trustee position by appearing in person at the Barton County Clerk’s office by the deadline established by that office and paying the required filing fee of $5. Your name will be placed on the ballot for the November election of that year. Newly elected trustees take office the following January.
Trustee Candidate Application Instructions
To be considered for filling the vacancy on Barton County Community College’s Board of Trustees created by the passing away of Trustee Boys, candidates must:
- be a resident of Barton County
- be at least 18 years of age
- not be an employee of Barton County Community College
- submit the following materials to be considered in open session by the Board of Trustees at the regular meeting on July 28, 2020
- a letter of application
- a current resume, and
- provide a thoughtful response to each of the eight questions in the online application
- submit the above materials no later than 9 a.m. on July 20, 2020 to the President’s Office in the Administration Building of Barton Community College