What are the opportunities?
- Two-year Associate of Applied Science degree
- Prepares students for entry-level or lower level management positions
- Program is great for current employees in the workforce to refine their skills
- Coursework includes: management, ethics, leadership, customer service, human relations, principles of management, Spanish for the workforce, marketing, and computer concepts courses
- NEW - Business, Management & Leadership Certificate Program - Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Entrepreneurs are vital to economic growth
- Entrepreneurs start businesses that hire people, pay taxes, create demand for their product and services which creates more jobs, develop new technologies and instill confidence in people
- The economy needs you and the entrepreneurial program is here to help you create, develop, manage and grow your business
- 18 hour certificate program includes everything you need to start and grow your business, including understanding entrepreneurship, general accounting, supervisory skills, management processes and customer service
- Instructors will know student’s names and their individual learning goals
- Small classes with 1 on 1 attention
- Instructor lead study sessions
- Instructors have industry connections and will help students make the transition to the workforce
- All Barton County Campus students prepare for employment by completing a job search project and mock interviews along with essential skills curriculum
- Education and training requirements vary by job responsibility. For first-line administrative services managers, many employers prefer to hire people who have an associate degree in business or management
- Administrative services managers employed in management services and management consulting are in demand
- The proliferation of facility management outsourcing should result in employment growth in facilities management firms as companies increasingly look to outside specialists to handle the myriad of tasks that have become increasingly complex and expensive
Source: US Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook 08/09
- Administrative Services Managers - Kansas 10th percentile salary range is $38,300
Source: Kansas Career Pipeline
A degree in Business Management and Leadership will prepare students to go directly into a career in the world of business. There are three areas of specialization from which to choose: Marketing Management, Personnel Management, or Bank Management. Program is not meant for transfer purposes.
2018-2020 Curriculum Guides: Students who enrolled in their program prior to Summer 2020 should use the following Curriculum Guide.
2018-2020 Business Management & Leadership - Entrepreneurial Emphasis (18 hours certificate)
2018-2020 Business Management & Leadership - Entrepreneurial Emphasis (18 hours - semester guide)
Associate in Applied Science
2018-2020 Business Management & Leadership (64 hours degree)
2018-2020 Business Management & Leadership (64 hours - semester guide) (64 hours - semester guide)
2020-2022 Curriculum Guides: Students who enrolled in their program Summer 2020 or after should use the following Curriculum Guide.
2020-2022 Business Management & Leadership - Entrepreneurial Emphasis (18 hours certificate)
Associate in Applied Science
2020-2022 Business Management & Leadership (64 hours degree)