Student FAQ

Is there an Admissions application fee?
No.  It is FREE!  There is no cost associated with submitting an Admissions application.

Will my credits transfer to a college in Kansas?
Yes. Credits will transfer due to the articulation agreement that Barton has with in-state and out-of-state colleges.

Are freshmen required to live on campus?
Yes, freshmen are.  Barton requires all full-time freshman students (those enrolled in 12 or more semester hours with less than 24 successfully passed college credits) to live in college residence halls. A student is exempt from this requirement if he or she meets at least ONE of the following criteria:

  • is married,
  • is 21 years of age or older,
  • has a child or children who reside with him or her,
  • is a resident of Barton County or a border county and is residing with parents, legal guardian, or immediate family member of legal age.

Can I bring a refrigerator and microwave with me to live in the dorms?
Of course, bring your creature comforts. But no open flames or electric burners.

Do I need a parking permit for my car and how much does it cost?
Yes, register your vehicle with security. There is no parking fee, it's FREE!

Where is the nearest ATM?
You can find one in the Student Union. It's quick and convenient!

What is there to do in Great Bend?
Lots! We have a movie theatre, miniature golf, bowling, great food and shopping. Also, don't miss out on the excitement of supporting Cougar athletics. Go Cougars!!

Go to Sidebar Content