1. There is no application fee.
2. Complete the Admissions application. Answer all questions. Do not leave any
questions blank. NOTE: If you are an international applicant, please visit our website
for International student information and application.
3. All degree/certificate seeking students must have official post-graduation transcripts
(high school, home school, or proof of GED) from each institution attended sent by
the granting institution directly to Barton. Home school credit evaluations may be
submitted in lieu of a transcript or diploma from the school administrator. NOTE:
Student will be admitted as a “Special Student” until all transcripts from previously
attended institutions are received and evaluated.
4. If you are applying to the following areas of study, you may need to meet additional
admissions requirements. Contact or visit the respective area for more information.
• Medical Laboratory Technician
• Paramedic (MICT)
5. Students entering college for the first time, pursuing a certificate or degree, or
enrolling in a class requiring test scores must have ACT, SAT, Accuplacer or ASSET
scores on file with Barton. These scores are used for placement in English, Reading,
and Math courses. Students without test scores must take the Accuplacer or ASSET
test. (Fort Riley students may submit or take the Compass test). Barton’s assessment
is free of charge. Contact the Testing Center at (620) 792-9344 or (800) 748-7594 for a
testing schedule or further information.
6. To be considered for the Barton Academic Scholarship Award, complete the application
section inside this form. This scholarship application deadline is March 15 for the
fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester.
7. Anyone seeking an accommodation under provisions of the Americans with
Disabilities Act should notify Student Support Services by calling (620) 792-9240
or e-mailing email@example.com.
8. Return this application to the address listed below.
Barton Community College
245 NE 30 RD
Great Bend, KS 675301.